By subscribing to LTE NET, you can use ultra high-speed data communication with a maximum receiving speed of 220Mbps or a maximum receiving speed of 110Mbps with WiMAX 2+ 4G LTE smartphones as well.
||Subscription to LTE NET is required(*1)
WiMAX 2+ communication speed and supported areas
WiMAX 2+ communication speed
This is a network that allows you to use ultra high-speed communication with a maximum receiving speed of 220Mbps(*2) (with supported models during carrier aggregation) or a maximum receiving speed of 110Mbps (a maximum sending speed of 10Mbps).
*2: Except for some places
Carrier aggregation (in Japanese only)
WiMAX 2+ supported areas
Effective receiving speeds are 59Mbps to110Mbps for Android and 55Mbps to 108Mbps for iOS.
- * The effective speed indicates that half of the receiving speeds in 10 cities in Japan, each of which was measured on July 31, 2015, according to the "Guideline for the Effective Speed (abbreviation)" established by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, are closed to the median value and are within this range.
Concrete values, measured models, or other information. (in Japanese only)
- * This is a measurement result of ten cities and effective speeds may differ depending on your usage area and communication environment.
- The maximum communication speed varies depending on communication standards and supported areas.
- 4G LTE and WiMAX 2+ connect to the network that KDDI deems has the least amount of traffic, in accordance to traffic and other conditions. "4G" appears on the screen display of the smartphone or tablet.
- This service is a best-effort service. Note that the maximum communication speed is not the actual communication speed, but the maximum value based on the technical standards. The actual speed may fall substantially short of the maximum for various reasons including your use environment and the traffic amount even in the service area. Also, communication speeds up to the connection depend on the capabilities of devices.
[About communication speed restrictions]
- If the total amount of communication used exceeds 10 GB over the three most recent days, the communication speed will be restricted to approximately 1 Mbps during the period of network congestion (6:00 pm to 2:00 am (*3)(*4)). The restriction applies regardless of the remaining data amount. This restriction still applies even if you are subscribed to the Extra Option.
- If the communication charges become high, service may be suspended temporarily.
- Communication restrictions will be gradually removed from 2:00 AM the following day; however, it may take up to 6 hours.
- The communication restriction will be removed from the point you turn on your device if reconnecting to the communications network by turning on the power of your device after 2:00 AM the following day.