By subscribing to LTE NET, you can use ultra high-speed data communication with a maximum receiving speed of 220Mbps or a maximum receiving speed of 110Mbps with WiMAX 2+ 4G LTE smartphones as well.
||Subscription to LTE NET is required(*1)
WiMAX 2+ communication speed and supported areas
WiMAX 2+ communication speed
This is a network that allows you to use ultra high-speed communication with a maximum receiving speed of 220Mbps(*2) (with supported models during carrier aggregation) or a maximum receiving speed of 110Mbps (a maximum sending speed of 10Mbps).
*2: Except for some places
Carrier aggregation (in Japanese only)
WiMAX 2+ supported areas
WiMAX 2+ is available in major cities in Japan.
For details on service areas, click the link below.
Service area (in Japanese only)
- The maximum communication speed varies depending on communication standards and supported areas.
- 4G LTE and WiMAX 2+ connect to the network that KDDI deems has the least amount of traffic, in accordance to traffic and other conditions. "4G" appears on the screen display of the smartphone or tablet.
- This service is a best-effort service. Note that the maximum communication speed is not the actual communication speed, but the maximum value based on the technical standards. The actual speed may fall substantially short of the maximum for various reasons including your use environment and the traffic amount even in the service area. Also, communication speeds up to the connection depend on the capabilities of devices.
[About communication speed restrictions]
- * If the total amount of communication exceeds the monthly data amount, the maximum communication speed for sending and receiving until the end of that month will be 128 kbps. (The communication speed restriction will be removed on the first day of the following month.) For data amounts purchased with Data Charge (except Wi-Fi WALKER WiMAX 2+ devices) or if you apply for the Extra Option, the communication speed restriction does not apply.
- * To avoid network congestion, a limit may be placed on the communication speed for a whole day if the total amount of communication used exceeds 6GB over the three most recent days (not including the day on which the restriction is applied). The restricted speed will differ depending on data traffic conditions.
(The restriction applies regardless of the remaining data amount.)
- * Regardless of whether you are subscribed to a Flat-rate Data service, your line may be temporarily suspended if the communication charges become high.