au Wi-Fi SPOT
Wi-Fi is available in over 200,000 spots nationwide including cafes and train stations!
We are expanding support for IEEE802.11ac (ultra-speed Wi-Fi) from spots at cafes and other locations.
You can also use au Wi-Fi SPOT with your notebook PC and other Wi-Fi devices along with your au smartphone.
Main au Wi-Fi SPOT (in Japanese only)
Eligible customers and charges
|Eligible customers ||Charges|
|au device||Wi2 300 for au Multiple Device Service(in Japanese only)
(Notebook PC and other Wi-Fi device)
iPhone)  
|4G LTE Photo Storage||
- Usage fees for rate plans and services are separately incurred.
If you terminate a rate plan/service, you can use au Wi-Fi SPOT until the end of the month in which such application was made.
If changing to an eligible service from a Double-Teigaku rate plan/service for mobile phones, au Wi-Fi SPOT will be available from the moment you apply. In some cases, it may not be available until at maximum two days following application. However, the rate plan/service is applied from the following month. For the month before the change is applied, the Double-Teigaku rate plan/service upper limit of ¥5,700 is applied.
- The usage fees are prorated in cases where the customer signs up or cancels a contract before the end of a month.
- au Wi-Fi SPOTs are not available if you are subscribed to LTE Data Prepaid.
- au Wi-Fi SPOTs are not available with the Fx0. However, you can use an au Wi-Fi SPOT with a Wi-Fi device using the au ID you use with your Fx0.
- au Wi-Fi SPOTs are not available if you are subscribed to a rate plan for 4G LTE mobile phones,Two-step data flat for LTE or Two-step data flat(Mobile phone).
- au Wi-Fi SPOT Multiple Device Service has been renamed.
- * The names of rate plans and data flat rate services for 4G LTE (au VoLTE) Android™ smartphones have "(V)".
- *As of September 14, 2016, new applications for Flat-rate Data 8/10/13 are no longer accepted. This includes plans with (V) and (Mobile phone).
Notes on usage
Features of au Wi-Fi SPOT
One-touch simple setting!
Simple settings without the need to input SSID, passwords, or other settings.
Available with various types of WiFi devices.
Available with PCs and other Wi-Fi devices, as well as au smartphones.
- *You can use up to 4 Wi-Fi devices including an au smartphone when using your au smartphone (representative line).
Easy with a dedicated app! Automatically switching between Wi-Fi ←→3G
Depending on the signal strength, communication automatically changes between Wi-Fi (au Wi-Fi SPOT) and 4G LTE/3G for comfortable communication all the time.
Available Wi-Fi networks (SSID)
"au_Wi-Fi2" (WPA2 Enterprise), "au_Wi-Fi" (WPA2), "Wi2premium_club" (WPA2), "Wi2_club" (WPA2), "UQ_Wi-Fi" (WEP), "Wi2premium" (no encryption), "Wi2" (no encryption), "wifi_square" (no encryption)
- * Information that is used for automatically connecting to au_Wi-Fi2 is preinstalled to 4G LTE models, requiring no operations by customers when using. Customers using au iPhone 5/iPad (models released in 2012) can use au_Wi-Fi2 by updating to iOS7 or later.
- * To use a Wi-Fi network other than au_Wi-Fi2, initial settings are required.
After the initial settings are complete, a connection to a Wi-Fi network other than au_Wi-Fi2 is automatically established, requiring no operations by customers when using.
- * au_Wi-Fi is not available for an au iPhone/iPad running an OS earlier than iOS9. If you are using an au iPhone/iPad running an OS earlier than iOS9, update to iOS9, install the dedicated app (au Wi-Fi connection tool), and configure settings before using.
- * Data communication devices and 4G LTE PCs are only available with au_Wi-Fi2.
- * Operation guarantee has not been tested on SIM-free terminals. SIM-free terminals may not be able to be used in some au Wi-Fi SPOTs.
- * Some Wi-Fi SPOTs only support smartphones that support IEEE802.11a.
- *au Wi-Fi SPOT is a service provided by Wire and Wireless Co.,Ltd.
- *Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
*All of the indicated amounts exclude tax unless otherwise specified.