Ultra high-speed communication with carrier aggregation
Ultra high-speed communication from au's 4G LTE and WiMAX 2+ carrier aggregation
Achieves a maximum receiving speed of 708 Mbps
By combining carrier aggregation with the high-speed technologies of 4x4 MIMO and 256QAM, we provide high-speed communication with a maximum receiving speed of 708 Mbps.
|Models that support a maximum receiving speed of 708Mbps||
- ※Available in some areas of Tokyo, Kanagawa, Saitama, Chiba, Aichi, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hyogo prefectures. Available areas are scheduled to be expanded.
Depending on your model and the condition of the supported frequency bandwidth, the available usage area may differ.
For details such as the areas that support a maximum receiving speed of 440Mbps , check the UQ Communications Inc. website.
UQ Communications Inc. (in Japanese only)
Technology that achieves ultra high-speed communication
What is carrier aggregation?
Carrier aggregation is a technology that achieves improved communication speed and stable high-speed communication by using multiple frequencies simultaneously. It achieves a four-frequency maximum carrier aggregation when receiving.
What is 4x4 MIMO?
4x4 MIMO technology is technology that increases communication speed by doubling the number of antennas (from 2 to 4) of data transmitters (base stations) and data receivers (4x4 MIMO supported models) and achieves a communication speed double that of conventional speeds.
What is 256QAM?
256QAM is a technology that improves the information density of signals and increases the amount of information that can be transmitted at once.
The previously used 64QAM was 6 bits, but with 256QAM, that number increases to 8 bits, improving the the maximum speed by nearly 1.3 times.
Sixty-second movie to familiarize yourself with Carrier Aggregation
Effective receiving speeds are 71Mbps to140Mbps for Android and 57Mbps to 115Mbps for iOS.
- * The effective speed indicates that half of the receiving speeds in 10 cities in Japan, each of which was measured on July 31, 2015, according to the "Guideline for the Effective Speed (abbreviation)" established by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, are closed to the median value and are within this range.
- * This is a measurement result of ten cities and effective speeds may differ depending on your usage area and communication environment.
- ・The maximum communication speed varies depending on the communication standards (4G LTE/WiMAX2+) and supported areas.
- ・This service is a best-effort service. Note that the maximum communication speed is not the actual communication speed, but the maximum value based on the technical standards. The actual speed may fall substantially short of the maximum for various reasons including your use environment and the traffic amount even in the service area. Also, communication speeds up to the connection depend on the capabilities of devices.
[Regulations of 4G LTE / WiMAX 2+ / 3G communication speed]
- ・If the total amount of communications of the month exceeds the data quantity for that , the maximum communication speed for sending until the end of that month will be 128 kbps. (The communication speed restriction will be removed on the first day of the following month.) If you apply for the Extra Option, the communications speed restriction does not apply. Data quantities purchased with Data Charge can be used without any communications speed restriction.
- ・To avoid network congestion, a limit will be placed on the communications speed for a whole day if you have used more than 3GB over the three most recent days (not including the day on which the restriction is applied).
- ・Regardless of whether you are subscribed to a Flat-rate Data service, your line may be temporarily suspended if the cost of the packet communications you use becomes high.
- * The service name "4G LTE" conforms to the statement of the International Telecommunication Union that has approved LTE to be called "4G".