Replacement mobile phone delivery service
In the event of an incident, a replacement mobile phone of the same model in the same color (a recycled product including a new battery)  is delivered on the date of your application at the earliest. 
- If the same model in the same color is difficult to provide, a replacement mobile phone of a model and a color that are specified by KDDI is provided.
- In the Kanto and Kansai areas, the product is delivered on the date of your application if you apply before 10:00 AM. In principal, it is delivered on the following day even if you apply after that time or the delivery address is not in the Kanto or Kansai area (excluding some areas and remote islands).
Incidents eligible for the replacement mobile phone delivery service
Malfunction, partial damage, total damage, exposure to water, theft and loss 
- The following incidents are not eligible: scratch, stain, minor damage such as peel-off paint, trouble due to a natural disaster, deliberate damage, altered phone, altered software, analysis, problem due to computer virus or other troubles.
A replacement mobile phone is delivered to a specified address , such as your home or office.
- If a third-party agent applies for the service or the service is in the name of a business, the address is limited to the contract address and billing address. A member of your family cannot apply for this service as a third-party agent. The delivery address must be within Japan.
- In the event of damage, exposure to water, theft, or loss, apply via the au homepage. In the event of spontaneous malfunction, apply by phone because it requires a diagnosis.
- In principle, the old mobile phone that you send is used as a replacement mobile phone after being refreshed. If the old phone is not returned, a penalty of ¥40,000 is incurred. In the event of theft or loss, return the old mobile phone to the address specified by KDDI when it is found.
Fees paid by customers for using this service
|au contract is 25 months or more (with the long-term use benefit applied) 
||au contract is fewer than 25 months
||au contract is 25 months or more (with the long-term use benefit applied) 
||au contract is fewer than 25 months
|Fees paid by customers
|No replacement mobile phone + after the Web discount is applied 
-  Customers and their families whose au contract is 25 months or more, receive a ¥2,000 discount as a benefit for long-term use. If a phone line subscribed to this service or a phone line under the same Family Discount includes a phone line with an au contract that is 25 months or more, the phone line subscribed to this service is eligible for the benefit for long-term use. For customers using a data communication device or tablet, this discount applies to customers who are subscribed to a set discount (WIN Single Set Discount or Smartphone Set Discount) and have been under the contract of the line eligible for the set discount for 3 years or more.
- If you do not use a replacement mobile phone, you can get a discount of ¥500. If you apply via the Web site (au homepage), you can get another discount of ¥500 off the fees. (Both of the discounts are automatically applied if you apply via the au homepage because a rental of a replacement mobile phone is not provided.)
About the use count and fees paid by customers
This service can be used twice within a one-year period, beginning the day on which this service is used (compensation application) as the starting date. If you have not used this service in the past year at the time of filing a compensation application, the fee is ¥5,000. If you have, it is ¥8,000. However, this service is provided for free in the case of malfunction within the one-year warranty period from the day of your purchase.
- * In the event of a malfunction that is covered by the warranty within one year from your purchase (the warranty period described in the warranty), the service is available for free (but is counted).