- The calculation of basic monthly charges etc. begins when delivery of an au mobile phone is completed. Charges for services used during a period from 1st to the end of the month are charged in the following month. However, such charges may be charged even in the middle of the month if au deems it necessary.
- It may take one or two months to complete account transfer arrangements with financial institutions. Customers may be requested to pay charges billed in the first and possibly the second statement through a convenience store or a financial institution designated by au using the prescribed form until arrangements with financial institutions are completed. This also applies to cases in which a transfer fails due to insufficient funds in the account or for other reasons.
- Au mobile phone charges are normally charged the following month. However, if the amount charged is small, we may choose not to issue an invoice the following month, and bill the amount together with charges for the month after next. In the event that you pay the usage price for our electric communication service (including other cellular phones than au) through direct debit account arrangement, the billed amount for all invoices may be combined and debited together from your account to the extent that such direct debit account is the same as which that you have applied for.
- If payment is not made by the specified due date, au may charge interest for the delay or suspend the telephone connection. Basic monthly charges and other charges are invoiced to the customer even when the telephone connection is suspended.
- If customers fail to make payments for any of our telecommunication services (including au mobile phones) they are currently subscribing to or they were subscribing to in the past, we may choose to suspend or cancel the entire contract.
- Please see the Application Form Entry Example for the list of credit card companies and financial institutions through which transfer/credit card payment is possible.
- If paying by means other than a credit card and the amount specified by KDDI falls below the usage amount, billing may be one time for two months. (If paying installment payments, this does not apply if you have an Okinawa Cellular Phone contract.)
- A financial institution or credit card of your family member's name can be specified for the payment of KDDI telecommunication services (including those other than au mobile phones). If address and last name are not the same, documents verifying a family relationship must be submitted.
- When KDDI receives an appeal to stop charging from an account holder (excluding the party to the contract) of financial institution or credit card specified for the payment method of usage fee and other fees/charges due to the dissolution of a family relationship with the party to the contract or occurrence of other reasons separately determined by KDDI, payment method for usage fee and other fees/charges may be changed without prior approval from the party to the contract.
<Precautions Regarding Payment with a Credit Card>
- If KDDI has not received a request for change or cancellation of credit card payment, charges  will continue to be charged to the designated credit card.
- Please notify KDDI promptly if there has been any change to credit card number or expiration date of the designated credit card. If notification is not received, payment using the designated credit card may become invalid.
- If KDDI receives notification of updated credit card number or expiration date from the credit card company, charges will continue to be charged to the designated credit card.
- If use of a credit card becomes impossible due to loss of qualifications for membership as per the terms set forth by the credit card company, or cancellation of the credit card contract, payment by credit card will be canceled, and bills will be sent directly to the customer by KDDI.
- Even if use of a credit card has become impossible, charges for the month of use in which KDDI received notification to this effect from the credit card company may be charged to the credit card company (rather than directly to the customer).
- If credit card payment is not authorized under the terms set forth by the credit card company, KDDI may send bills directly to the customer.
- If the credit card company, after authorizing payment by credit card, should revoke payment for any reason whatsoever, credit card payment to KDDI will be canceled and bills will be sent directly to the customer by KDDI.
- Depending on services used, KDDI may request payment authorization from the credit card company. If calls are paid for with a debit card, calling charges will be withdrawn from the customer's account upon receipt of this authorization.
-  "Charges" includes any and all services provided by KDDI as well as information charges or proxy billing services such as au Collective Billing, etc.
- It is possible to combine multiple contracts into a single billing statement. The party making the application must obtain authorization from the subscribers of all au mobile phone and fixed-line service contracts to be combined.
- Combined lines must all be contracted to the same customer or family members. If the contracting customer is different, or addresses or surnames are different, documents verifying family relationship must be submitted.
- Lines cannot be combined if billing is handled through a third party, if the contracting person and user are different, or if the contract was designed for resale.
- Individual bills will be issued until processing is complete. Once issued, bills cannot be combined and reissued.
- The combined bill will be sent to the billing address specified on the application for Combined Billing Service.
The person specified for Combined Billing is responsible for payment of all combined/KDDI combined charges for the combined lines. If the specified payment method for the usage fee and other fees/charges is a financial institution account or credit card in a name other than the billed party, the person whose name is on that financial institution account or credit card is responsible for payment of usage fees by “lump-sum payment/matomete payment (combined payment)” for the entire contract.
In the event that payment for the usage fee and other fees/charges is not collected as billed from the specified account or credit card, the billed party is charged for the amount. However, the liability for usage fee and other fees/charges for each contract falls onto each party to the contract, if payment for usage fee and other fees/charges is not made by the due date, each party to the contract other than billed party may be assigned to be responsible for payment.
- If there is a change in the person to be billed, that person must explain to the new person to be billed that he or she will assume all obligation to pay combined/KDDI combined charges for the combined bills.
- Individual contractees within the combined/KDDI Combined Billing Service application agree that they will be responsible for paying charges for their individual contracts to the person to be billed. If a combined bill is being combined with additional bills, all of the individual contractees to be including in the new Combined Billing must agree with the new billing arrangement.
- If there is a change in name, billing address, payment method of other matters related to the person billed for combined/KDDI combined bills after Combined Billing is implemented, re-application is necessary. If the name of the party billed is changing then the new person to be billed must obtain authorization from all contractees of contracts to be included in the combined/KDDI combined bill. If the payment method is changing then authorization must be obtained from the person whose name is on the financial institution account or credit card to be used for payment. These changes will apply to customer information for all lines included in the combined/KDDI combined bill. obile phones operated by Okinawa Cellular Telephone cannot be continued under Combined Billing.
- When KDDI receives an appeal to stop charging from an account holder of financial institution or credit card specified for the payment method of usage fee and other fees/charges due to the dissolution of a family relationship with the party to the contract whose lines constitute a group for “lump-sum payment/matomete payment (combined payment)” or occurrence of other reasons separately determined by KDDI, payment method for usage fee and other fees/charges may be changed without prior approval from the party to the contract.
- If one of more lines in a combined/KDDI combined bill is to be removed and paid separately, the contractee for that line must make separate application. A new billing address and payment method must be registered for the new paying party.
- When you apply for lump-sum billing or KDDI payment-billed-together, and you wish to receive call details records (e.g. MyLine), you should accept that the records as combined into one bill will be sent to your billing address and that in case of change of the addressee, we can send the call details records to such changed addressee
- If a request is received for bill disclosure from a person receiving service whose line is contained in the combined bill, the total combined bill amount will be disclosed. If a contractee is newly added to a combined bill and requests disclosure, the total combined bill for all lines will be disclosed, including those covered by the combined bill prior to that new addition.
- The billing period will be from the first day of the month to the last, and the bill will be issued the following month. If judged necessary, a bill may be issued during the current month, however.
- If the payment due is not collected by the specified date a warning will be issued to the billed party, after which service to all ones will be suspended. Even if payment due is paid, it may take time to restore full service after such suspension.
- The au Point Program points apply to all lines covered in combined billing and the KDDI Collective Billing Service. Customers can check au points accumulated after applying after processing is complete from the au Customer Support page, etc.
- Points for a month's use are calculated and awarded when the bill for that month's use is issued on the following month.
<KDDI Combined Billing>
You must read carefully and agree to the Terms and Conditions for "KDDI Combined Billing before making an application.
- In general, payment is due on the 25th of every month (If the 25th falls on Saturday, Sunday or a national holiday, payment is due on the following business day. If paying with a credit card, payment is due on the date specified by the credit card company.If Collective Billing is consolidated with the billing of a fixed-line communication service, the current payment date of the combined billing is carried over.The billing code may change.
- KDDI Combined Billing can be paid by bank transfer or credit card.
The following discounts apply to KDDI Combined Billing:
Discount on basic charge/billed amount
Billed amount is discounted for subscription to au Combined Line. (¥200/invoice)
Calls using the following service in Combined Billing are free of charge to 1) and 2) .
If an au mobile phone contained in KDDI Combined Billing is cancelled or suspended as of the last day of the month, it will not be eligible for the discount.
Eligible services (calling side): au HIKARI Phone , au HIKARI Chu Phone, au one net 050 service (KDDI-IP Phone), Home-Plus Phone
- 1)Domestic call charges to au mobile phone
- 2)Domestic call charges to au HIKARI Phone, au HIKARI Chu, Cable Plus Phone, 050 service (KDDI-IP Phone), Home-Plus Phone, J:COM PHONE Plus, Commufa-Hikari-denwa
- KDDI Combined Billing is not possible for customers using J:COM Combined Billing.
<Combined Billing Service>
Customers using J:COM Combined Billing should contact J:COM to change billing address and payment method.
<Combined Billing for fixed-line service>
The payment date may change as a result of combined billing. (If paying by credit card, the payment date will be set by the credit card company.) The billing code may change.
<Combined Billing/KDDI Combined Billing with Okinawa Cellular Telephone Company>
- In general, payment is due on the 25th of every month (If the 25th falls on Saturday, Sunday or a national holiday, payment is due on the following business day. If paying with a credit card, payment is due on the date specified by the credit card company.The billing code may change.
- Processing usually takes 1-2 months, during which time individual bills will be issued.
- Points accumulated after Combined Billing Service start for KDDI au mobile phones and Okinawa Cellular Telephone mobile phones will be shown in the first combined bill issued after processing is complete. Points generated by monthly usage will be calculated when the bill is issued for the following month, and reported on that bill.
- Okinawa Cellular Telephone has assigned KDDI collection rights for all usage fees due on au mobile phones it operates, and KDDI will issue bills for those charges.
- Existing payment methods for au mobile phones operated by Okinawa Cellular Telephone cannot be continued under Combined Billing.
-  Network service provider must be au one net.
-  Discounted as au Set Discount. With network service, discount is ¥390/contract.
-  Network service provider must be au one net.
Bill on WEB
Invoice is in the form of "Bill on WEB" allowing customers to check their charges via the Internet. (No physical invoices or enclosed materials are mailed.)
- *A separate application is required if the subscriber wishes to receive a physical invoice. There will be a commission of ¥50 for each physical invoice issued.
For details, please refer to the section on "Issuing of physical invoices" below.
The following discount will be applied as a benefit when physical invoices are not issued. However, if the basic monthly charges fall below this discount amount when discounts provided starting after December 14, 2013 are applied, the basic monthly charges for that month shall be set as the limit of the discount.
|au mobile phone service
||A discount of ¥20 on the basic monthly charges for each au mobile phone service subscription is applied (except for LTE service users, Unlimited Voice Call Plan (mobile phone), and Unlimited Voice Call Plan (mobile phone with data) subscribers)
- A detailed statement can be viewed for up to the past six months including the most recent billing month.
- Call detail records can be viewed for up to the past three months including the most recent billing month. However, information for months when this service was not activated cannot be viewed.
Call detail records cannot be viewed using EZweb. In addition, the following information cannot be viewed when viewing charges and other billing information using EZweb:
- (1)The "detailed au Collective Billing statement" at time of purchase of a product employing "au Collective Billing" of EZfee-based services.
- (2)The "detailed statement of shared usage among an overall family/business" when subscribing to the Family Discount or Business Discount.
- (3)The "detailed Call-wide statement" when subscribing to Call-wide.
- The connection charges for this service are borne by customers. However, the connection for EZweb is free of charge.
au provides a service (known hereinafter as "Bill on WEB E-mail Notification") in which one of the following notifications is sent to an e-mail address designated by the customer. If the designated e-mail address is an EZweb e-mail address , there will be no transmission charge to receive the notification.
free of charge when using a smartphone.
- Bill on WEB E-mail Notifications are sent in the order in which billing amounts are finalized. However, when deemed necessary by KDDI for reasons such as an extremely small billing amount, billing may be carried over to the following month, and a Bill on WEB E-mail Notification will not be sent. In addition, when KDDI judges that the notification has not been received properly at the e-mail address designated by the customer, KDDI may terminate the Bill on WEB E-mail Notification service.
- When customers are applying to pay their bill using bank transfer or credit card, physical invoices will be sent until processing of the application is complete.
- When customers conclude a contract for au communications services, for reasons related to processing by KDDI, the first invoice may be sent in the form of a physical invoice. In such cases, no charge for issuing of the physical invoice will be applied. After that, customer is responsible for paying a charge for all subsequent physical invoices issued.
- From the month when service is suspended or canceled onward, separate application is required for issuing of physical invoices.
- For reasons related to processing by KDDI, the first invoice may not be shown on Bill on WEB.
- When call detail record is requested for au communication services, information will only be provided for communication which was implemented via au communication services (this excludes communication for which no charges have been set, emergency earthquake communication, and other items as specifically notified). Applies to both Bill on WEB and physical delivery.
Issuing of physical invoices
Customers who apply to receive physical invoices or who pay their bill in person  must pay a charge for issuing of the invoice.
<Charge for issuing of physical invoices>
|Physical invoice issuance fee
||¥200 per invoice
<Customers for whom there is no charge for issuing of physical invoices>
|Customers who are exempt from the physical invoice issuance fee
- If Smile-heart Discount is applied 
- If an invoice is issued in the name of a corporation 
- If Braille invoices are used
- If EZ WIN Course, IS NET Course, LTE NET, or LTE NET for DATA is not subscribed (except subscribers of WIN Single Service)  
- *When customers are applying to pay their bill using bank transfer or credit card, physical invoices will be sent until processing of the application is complete.
-  EZweb e-mails (addresses that end with @ezweb.ne.jp) that are received in Japan are free.
-  Physical invoices are issued for customers who make a payment through a service window since transfer forms need to be delivered. In addition, the physical invoice issuance fee is incurred.
-  Your eligibility is determined based on the contract status at the end of a month, and the exemption of physical invoice issuance fee will be applied in the following month's issue.
-  Your eligibility is determined based on the contract status on the first business day of a month, and the exemption of physical issuance fee will be applied in the issue for the month.
-  If your billing is combined with au HIKARI, ADSL one, au one net, or other internet services, you are not eligible for the free issuance.
Call Detail Report Service
- The call detail report service provides details on each call and each data transmission, and requires application in contract units.
- The provided information can be either of two types:
Display other party, duration and charge
Display duration and charge
Call detail records can be provided in either of two ways:
- (1)On WEB
- (2)On WEB and as physical report
If a physical report is requested, it will be delivered to the contract holder at the contract address.
Single-Call Detail Report Service
- The single-call detail report service provides details on any call when the dialed number is preceded by "131," separately from the standard Call Detail Report Service, and requires application in contract units.
- The report displays other party, duration and charge.
- No application is required other than the standard Call Detail Report Service application.
Single-call detail records can be provided in either of two ways:
- (1)On WEB
- (2)On WEB and as physical report
If a physical report is requested, it will be delivered to the contract holder at the contract address.
Regarding the use of au Simple Payment (Google Play™) with old devices (Android™ devices)
Payment with au Simple Payment (Google Play™) is tied to the au communications service contract. If using au Simple Payment (Google Play™) with your old device (Android™ device) after changing models, charges are added and billed to the au mobile phone usage fees after changing models.
If you want to stop the use of au Simple Payment (Google Play™) with your old device (Android™ device), you can do so by removing the au IC card from the device.
Counter payment processing fees
If making payments at an au shop, convenience store, or financial institution, you will incur a counter payment processing fee.
Counter payment processing fees are billed together with monthly charges.
- * Not applicable to corporate contracts and contracts currently under the Smile-heart Discount.
- * The counter payment processing fee is free the first time for new contracts and changes to payment methods.
|au mobile phone service
||¥100 per invoice
Use of Personal Information
- Personal information related to the Personal Credit Agreement is handled according to the provisions of the separate "Terms of Handling Personal Information Related to Personal Credit Agreements and Other Credit Transactions."
Statistical data transmission functions
- Models equipped with the statistical data transmission function may from time to time send data necessary for maintaining and improving the quality of au mobile phones to KDDI Corporation. Such data will not be used for any other purposes than maintaining and improving the quality of au mobile phones.
- No transmission charges are billed for statistical data transmissions.
- Customers can set their phones to disable statistical data transmissions. Please see the user manual of the au mobile phone for details.
Emergency call location identification
- When an emergency call (110, 119, 118) is made, location information of the caller is automatically notified to the emergency service organization.
If you make a call adding 184 or make a call from an au mobile phone with the caller ID notification set to off, your location information will not be notified to organizations that accept emergency calls. However, if the organization that accepts emergency calls determines that there is a life-threatening danger or a danger of bodily harm, they may obtain your location information.
- *Some models are capable of notifying location information to an emergency service organization even when they are set in the caller number non-notification mode. Please see the "user manual" of the au mobile phone for details.
- There are some cases in which incorrect location information may be notified to the emergency service organization. In addition, there are still many emergency service organizations that cannot automatically obtain location information. For these reasons, the caller is strongly recommended also to orally notify the accurate location when making an emergency call.
Location Search Services
- If a contractor uses the user registration system, users that are registered (hereafter "registered users") can use location search services.
In this case, the contractor cannot use location search services.
- If a registered user is under the age of 13, the contractor can use location search services in addition to the registered user. In this case, the contractor must obtain consent for the use of location search services from the registered user in advance.
- If the contractor allows someone other than himself or herself (hereafter "other user") to use their au mobile phone, smartphone, or other device, the other user cannot use location search services without consent.
- Contractors cannot use services provided by au for purposes other than their intended purpose.
- If your au mobile phone, smartphone, or other device is off or if it is in an environment with poor signal reception, location search services are unavailable. Also, the search accuracy of location information for location search services is not guaranteed under any circumstance.
- KDDI shall take no responsibility for trouble relating to the disclosure of location information or other trouble that may occur between the contractor and other users.
Emergency earthquake information
- To use this service, a compatible au mobile phone is required. Customers also need to make settings to receive information depending on the model. Please check whether or not you need to make settings, and make settings as needed. Please see the "user manual" of the au mobile phone for the setting method.
- There may be cases in which emergency earthquake information cannot be provided before a strong quake occurs in areas near the epicenter.
- There may be cases in which emergency earthquake information cannot be received if phones run out of power, or if customers are in locations where radio reception is not available or is difficult whether the locations are within the service area or not.
- Because au mobile phones use radio waves, they cannot be used outside the service area or at locations where radio waves cannot reach, such as tunnels, underground facilities, inside or behind buildings, and mountainous areas. Apart from locations that are difficult for radio waves to reach, there may be cases where au mobile phones cannot be used even when the customer is on a highland or the top floor of a high-rise building.
- There may be cases in which a call or a transmission is disconnected suddenly even when the customer is at a standstill and uses the au mobile phone at a location where the signal strength indicator of the phone shows three antenna marks (full strength).
- Due to their nature, the conditions of radio waves change constantly. The antenna symbols shown on au mobile phone, therefore, should be used for reference only.
- Only 3G-communication may be available depending on the wave situations within 4G LTE service area.
- The 4G LTE service area may vary according to your au cellular phone model.
Restriction on net work usage
Any connection with the network may be restricted for certain cellular phone including;
- cellular phone which was unlawfully obtained through criminal offences, including, but not limited to, theft (or robbery) or fraud committed at au shop, etc;
- cellular phone for which the payment (including, but not limited to, advance) have not been carried out;
- cellular phone which was obtained through a forged identification or an unlawful contract, which contains a false statement as to the name, address, or birthday; and
- cellular phone which is determined to be uncollectible or unusable through substitute cellular phone delivery service.
Changes to contracts, cancellations and other procedures when a contract is already in effect
- Customers can process a change of models, cancellation, suspension or transfer of contracts at au shops or PiPit shops.
- Changes to contracts such as adding, changing or canceling option services or discount services such as Price Plans, 2-year contract, One-year Discounted Subscription, Double-Teigaku, etc., can be made at au shops or PiPit shops, through the au customer center, via EZweb or on the au web site (some restrictions may apply).
- When a customer's provider contract becomes unnecessary because he or she has cancelled a smartphone or data transmission handset contract, or changed models, the customer is responsible for contacting the provider and canceling his or her contract.
- If a customer's paid content or paid applications become unnecessary because he/she has cancelled a contract for a smartphone or other specific model, or changed models, the customer is responsible for contacting the provider and canceling his or her contract.
- There is a danger of alteration or loss of data saved in the au mobile phone due to causes such as repairs to, or the failure of, the au mobile phone. We are not held responsible for any alteration, loss of data or settings, etc. Also, when a smartphone is repaired, it will be accepted only after the customer has deleted all data from it. For this reason the customer should back up the data in the handset with external media such as an SD card, computer, etc., periodically and before asking for repair service.
- If performing a SIM unlock to use an au mobile phone or other device by inserting another carrier's SIM card, 181 days or more  must have passed since you purchased the corresponding device and the device must not be one that is subject to network usage restrictions .
-  The day of your purchase is counted as the first day.
-  Even if the conditions above are met, the procedure begins after repair is complete if your device malfunctions.
To learn the details of procedures, please contact the KDDI Customer Center beforehand.
- *The service details described above may change without prior notice.
- *All prices indicated in this brochure include tax. The actual amount invoiced is the total of individual charges excluding tax + tax amounts computed on the basis of each of such charges. Therefore, it differs from the total of individual charges including tax. The charges including tax (except calling and communication charges) indicated in this brochure are rounded down to the nearest whole number