Users subscribed to the following options must perform procedures before using Data Share.
For customers subscribed to the Extra Option
Subscription to the option must be terminated by the month prior to using Data Share.
Click here for proceed with canceling the Extra Option (in Japanese only)
Users subscribed to Safety Access Service or Restriction on Web Use
Data Share is not available. To use Data Share, visit an au Shop to terminate the option and change to Safety Access Service for Android or Safety Access Service for iOS. If the contractor is a minor, they must be accompanied by parent/guardian.
- *For overseas use, Two-step data flat for Overseas is applied. Data Share is not available.
- *When using Data Share, you cannot apply to the Extra Option (¥2,500 for every 2GB charged automatically). Use Data Charge.
- *If you cancel the Data Share setting for some lines using Data Share, the data amount for the month remains on the lines set for Data Share (including LTE Data Prepaid). The monthly data amount of the contracted plan is available from the first day of the following month.
- *If performing user registration for lines using Data Share, the consolidated au ID is separated, and the Data Share setting for contracted lines whose user registration is performed is automatically cancelled.
- *Applications for user registration, transfer, or succession (including transfer to other family members) on the last day of the month are not allowed for lines using Data Share. The consolidated au ID is separated, and the Data Share setting is automatically cancelled. The monthly data amount that can be used the following month may not be applied.
- *If lines using Data Share include plans that are not eligible for Data Gift, the other lines using Data Share are not eligible for Data Gift as well. When using Data Share, a change to an eligible rate plan is required for using Data Gift.
- * If lines using Data Share include Flat-rate Data services or rate plans that are not eligible for Data Carryover, the other lines using Data Share are not eligible for Data Carryover as well.
[If using Data Share with LTE Data Prepaid]
- *After the usage term for an LTE Data Prepaid line expires, communications become unavailable. You can continue using communications by performing a prepaid charge.
- *On iPad (iOS8 or later), if the remaining data amount used for LTE Data Prepaid runs out, perform a Data Charge on a line other than the iPad (subscribed to LTE Data Prepaid) or perform a Data Charge while connected with Wi-Fi. After the Data Charge is complete, switch the Airplane Mode of the iPad (subscribed to LTE Data Prepaid) ON/OFF.
- *If you cancel the Data Share setting for some lines using Data Share, the data amount for the month remains on the lines set for Data Share (including LTE Data Prepaid).
- *If you cancel all the lines that are set for Data Share, make sure to leave the lines contracted for a Flat-rate Data services/rate plans, and cancel the settings for the LTE Data Prepaid lines. (If you leave LTE Data Prepaid lines without cancelling the Data Share settings, the entire remaining data amount for the month is not displayed, and only the data amount purchased with a prepaid charge is displayed.)