au Smart Port : au Smart Value
Purchase au Smart Port (†1) with a new contract while simultaneously subscribing to a designated rate plan (†2) + 2-year contract (†3) and au Smart Value will be applied.
Designated rate plan (WiMAX 2+ Flat for HOME)
The contract is automatically renewed in two-year units. In the case of contract termination, a contract cancellation fee (¥9,500) is incurred (excluding the renewal period <the three month period from the month that the 2-year contract ends>)
The discount amount varies depending on the eligible data (packet) flat-rate service.
- For WiMAX 2+ routers released from autumn 2017, plan names have "(L)".
Discount amounts for au smartphone, and conditions and basic usage charges for au Smart Port
au smartphone or another device
Purchase of au Smart Port with new contract
Basic charge for Wi-Fi router that is eligible for au Smart Value 
for up to 25 months
with "Wi-Fi HOME Cost-Saving Discount" applied
High speed plus area mode
Monthly data limit: 30GB
The high speed plus area optional usage charge (¥1,005/month) is discounted in full during the au Smart Value contract period.
If you remove au Smart Value, you can use the router for ¥4,880/month (when 2-year contract is applied).
Wi-Fi HOME Cost-Saving Discount
This service provides a ¥500/month discount on basic usage charges for up to 25 months.
Condition: Purchase au Smart Port (†1) with a new contract while simultaneously subscribing to designated rate plan (†2) + subscribing 2-year contract (†3) + applying to au Smart Value
- The discount is automatically applied to your usage starting on the day you apply for a new contract. The discount will be terminated after it is applied for 25 months. After that, the standard au Smart Value fee is charged.
- The discount applies to the monthly basic charges after all other discounts applicable to eligible models are applied. If the amount eligible for the discount falls below the amount of the discount, the total amount eligible for the discount shall be set as the upper limit of the discount. (The discount amount is calculated using the tax-excluded charges in the billing statement.)
- If you cancel or suspend your contract during the discount application period, the discount will continue until the month in which the change is completely processed.
- The Wi-Fi HOME Cost-Saving Discount is terminated if you change models or price plans during the discount period.
- The discount may not be available in combination with other campaigns offered by KDDI, such as the WiMAX2+ Cost-Saving Discount.
- Applications for the Wi-Fi HOME Cost-Saving Discount are currently being accepted for an indefinite period, but the discount conditions and discount amount may vary depending on the timing of the purchase. KDDI will give customers advance notice of any such changes.
Eligible models for au Smart Port
Application start timing
The discount is applied from the month following the month in which an application for au Smart Value is made. However, with of au Smart Port, the discount is applied from the same month.
Related discount service
The discount service is available to customers with a contract for a Wi-Fi router that is eligible for au Smart Value, or to customers with a contract for a Wi-Fi router who are outside the service area for the eligible fixed-line communications services. An application is required for this discount (router usage discount). You can apply at an au Shop or by calling the Customer Service Center (0077-777).
This amount includes the bank account transfer and credit card discount.
Customers who make a new Home-plus Phone contract after February 01, 2018 receive an ￥830 discount (router usage discount).
Customers who make a new Home-plus Phone contract before January 31, 2018 receive a ￥350 discount (router usage discount).
The discount amount is subject to change without prior notification.
Changes will be announced through our homepage.
<About application for au Smart Value>
- The discount applies to up to 9 au mobile phone lines (including tablets and computers (the same applies below)) for each line with au Smart Port.
- The discount cannot be applied more than once to the same au mobile phone.
- A contractor of an au mobile phone can apply if they have the same family name and address as the contractor of the Speed Wi-Fi HOME router.
- Family members age 50 and older can apply even if their address is different from the address used for the Speed Wi-Fi HOME contract.
- In the case of differing family names or a number of au mobile phones exceeding five, proof is required showing that the persons are family members living at the same address. (For persons age 50 and older living at different addresses, it is only required to show proof that they are family members.)
- Beginning June 1, 2017, the au Smart Value discount can be applied with a Wi-Fi router contract, even within the eligible fixed-line communications service area.
<About au Smart Value (smartphone usage fee discount)>
- The discount is applied from the month following the month in which an application for au Smart Value is made.
- For the 2-year discount period, the month in which the au Smart Value discount is applied to each eligible au mobile phone for the first time is counted as the first month. The discount is terminated after it has been applied for up to 24 months.
- The discount amount is determined by the au mobile phone data (packet) flat-rate service and price plan to which you are subscribed as of the end of the month. If the conditions are not met at the end of a month, the discount is not applied for that month.
Check the link below for other notes related to au Smart Value.
<About au Smart Port basic charge>
- Basic charge of ¥4,292/month due to au Smart Value plan.
- In the case of cancellation, suspension or transfer of au Smart Port, the discount is terminated at the end of the month preceding the month of cancellation or suspension, or at the end of the month of transfer. For customers who cancel their subscription to 2-year contract, the discount is not calculated on a prorated basis, and the full amount is charged.
- The high speed plus area optional usage charge (¥1,005/month) is discounted in full during the au Smart Value contract period.
- au Smart Value cannot be used in combination with the au Smart Value (router discount), WiMAX2+ Cost-Saving Discount or au Smart Value mine.
<About au Smart Value (with new purchase of au Smart Port)>
* New contracts are not subject to processing fees. Notification will be provided separately when fees are to be charged.
- A universal service charge is separately incurred.
- Check for other costs arising from the contract at the store.