au Smart Value mine
By combining an au mobile phone with a Wi-Fi router,
save on usage fees
Save by using an au mobile phone in combination with a Wi-Fi router!
au Smart Value mine is a service that offers a discount of up to ¥1,000/month on au smartphone/au mobile phone usage fees from the month after application by using an eligible data (packet) flat-rate service for au smartphones/au mobile phones in combination with a Wi-Fi router.
* The discount amount varies depending on the eligible data (packet) flat-rate service.
Eligible Wi-Fi router
- The following models are also eligible.
- Speed Wi-Fi HOME L01
- Speed Wi-Fi NEXT W04
- Speed Wi-Fi NEXT W03
- Speed Wi-Fi NEXT WX04(*1)
- Speed Wi-Fi NEXT WX03(*1)
- Speed Wi-Fi NEXT WX02(*1)
- Speed Wi-Fi NEXT W01
- Wi-Fi WALKER HWD15
- Wi-Fi WALKER HWD14
Models that are available with a UQ Communications Inc. contract.
If the total amount of communications exceeds 20 GB in a month, the maximum communication speed for sending and receiving until the end of that month will be 128 kbps. (The communication speed restriction will be removed on the first day of the following month.)
- The names of rate plans and data flat rate services for 4G LTE (au VoLTE) Android™ smartphones have "(V)".
4G LTE feature phone
- The AQUOS K SHF31 can be used with an au smartphone plan.
3G feature phone
<If making a contract with UQ Communications Inc. and a WiMAX partner carrier>
You use a WiMAX 2+ router and are subscribed to an eligible rate plan of a partner carrier
Rate plan for an eligible Wi-Fi router
- WiMAX 2+ Flat for DATA EX (2-year contract) 
- WiMAX 2+ Flat for DATA (2-year contract a)
- WiMAX 2+ Flat for DATA (4-year contract)
- New applications for WiMAX 2+ Flat for DATA (2-year contract) is no longer accepted.
- For WiMAX 2+ routers released from autumn 2017, plan names have "(L)".
Monthly communication restriction for WiMAX 2+ routers in high speed mode (7GB per month)
WiMAX 2+ Flat for DATA EX (2-year contract) 
WiMAX 2+ Flat for DATA (2-year contract a)
WiMAX 2+ Flat for DATA (4-year contract)
Mode availability by network
Ultra-high speed communications with WiMAX 2+
High speed mode
Combined use of WiMAX 2+ and 4G LTE communications
High speed plus area mode
4G LTE + WiMAX 2+
- WiMAX/3G communications are not available.
Compared to WiMAX 2+ Flat for DATA, speeds may decrease depending on network traffic conditions in the usage area.
About unrestricted monthly communication in high speed mode
This exemption does not apply to the communication speed restrictions that are imposed when the amount of communications using WiMAX 2+ in high speed mode exceeds 7 GB in a month.
Even if you reselect high speed mode after the maximum communications speed for sending and receiving for WiMAX 2+ and 4G LTE in high speed plus area mode is reduced to 128 kbps after exceeding the 7 GB monthly limit on the total amount of communications, the speed of WiMAX 2+ communications in high speed mode and the speed for WiMAX 2+ and 4G LTE communications for that month are reduced to 128 kbps. For information about other restrictions, see "Notes on Communication Speed Restrictions" below.
For au Smart Value mine customers
Option usage charge of ¥0/month  for high speed plus area mode! (Normally, ¥1,005/month)
(Usage from December 2016)
If you subscribe to or cancel au Smart Value mine in the middle of the month, the option charge for that month may not be free. * If you are charged for usage after July 2017, the option charge for the high speed plus area mode option (¥1,005/month) may be billed two months after the month of use.
Communication speed restrictions
[About the monthly communication restriction]
- If the total amount of communications using WiMAX 2+ and 4G LTE exceeds 7GB in a month, the maximum communications speed for sending and receiving until the end of that month will be 128 kbps. (The communication speed restriction will be removed on the first day of the following month.)
[About other speed restrictions]
- If the total amount of communication used exceeds 10 GB over the three most recent days, the communication speed will be restricted to approximately 1 Mbps during the period of network congestion (6:00 pm to 2:00 am (*2)(*3)). The restriction applies regardless of the remaining data amount. This restriction still applies even if you are subscribed to the Extra Option.
- If the communication charges become high, service may be suspended temporarily.
Communication restrictions will be gradually removed from 2:00 AM the following day; however, it may take up to 6 hours.
The communication restriction will be removed from the point you turn on your device if reconnecting to the communications network by turning on the power of your device after 2:00 AM the following day.
About the contract period of a rate plan for an eligible Wi-Fi router
- The contract period is 2 or 4 years. The contract will be automatically renewed in 2- or 4-year units unless you request termination.
- If the plan is canceled or suspended, or changed to another rate plan outside the renewal period, a contract cancellation fee (¥9,500) is incurred. However, the contract cancellation fee is not incurred if changing the contract period from 2 years to 4 years.
- For details about the cancellation fee f a Wi-Fi router contracted with UQ Communications Inc. or other partner carriers, please contact the respective companies.
As of March 2019, the renewal period for 2-year contracts has changed from 2 months to 3 months. (This also applies to currently contracted customers.)
For people thinking of using the Internet at home
- An application for this service requires a contract with an au smartphone/au feature phone and a contract with a WiMAX 2+ router under the same name.
- You can apply for one line of an au smartphone/au feature phone per line of a WiMAX 2+ router.
- You cannot apply for this service and au Smart Value at the same time.
- This service cannot be combined with 2-year contract. If customers who are subscribed to 2-year contract and use a WiMAX 2+ router apply for this service, 2-year contract is automatically terminated (no contract cancellation fee is incurred even in a month other than the renewal month.)
<About discounts on au mobile phone usage fees>
- The discount is applied from the month after an application for au Smart Value mine is made.
- The discount applies to the total amount of the basic charges (excluding LTE plans), domestic calling charges, domestic communication charges, option charges (excluding Repair and Delivery Support (formerly known as Keitai Guarantee Service Plus LTE and Keitai Guarantee Service Plus) and Upgrade Program) after all other discounts are applied. If the total amount eligible for the discount falls below the amount of the discount, the total amount eligible for the discount shall be set as the upper limit of the discount.
- The discount amount is determined by the au mobile phone data (packet) flat-rate service to which you are subscribed as of the end of the month. If the conditions are not met at the end of a month, the discount is not applied for that month.
- In the case of cancellation, suspension, or transfer of an au Mobile phone, the discount will be terminated at the end of the month of the cancellation, suspension, or transfer.
- In the case of cancellation, suspension, or transfer of a WiMAX 2+, the discount will be terminated at the end of the month preceding the month of the cancellation or suspension, or the month of the transfer.
- This service may not be available in combination with other campaigns offered by KDDI.
<About the discount of option usage charge for high speed plus area mode>
- Check for other costs arising from the contract and universal charges at the store.